Our department's mission is to cultivate educated citizens who
- READ WIDELY, delighting in texts that challenge them
- REASON CAREFULLY, sensitive to textual nuance and cultural contexts
- THINK CREATIVELY, aspiring to broaden their minds and express their souls
- WRITE BOLDLY, attentive to the needs of diverse audiences
- SERVE FAITHFULLY, rooted in the God-given power of language to inspire, inform, persuade and heal
Feed your passion for words in preparation for teaching grades 5-12 English language arts. In addition to your English classes, you’ll take courses in an education department that is accredited by the Iowa Department of Education.