Fitness for everyone. Fitness for life.
RSC DeWitt Fitness Center
|Monday through Friday||5:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 to 11:30 p.m.|
The Fitness Center is open to its members with limited capacity and COVID-specific protocols in place.
Please note that, as always, members ages 14 and under must have a supervising adult present while in the RSC. Members age 14 and younger who arrive without an adult will not be permitted into the Fitness Center.
What to expect when using the Fitness Center
- Masks must be worn upon entry to the RSC. Masks may be removed for physical activity.
- To enter the Fitness Center, members must answer “no” to the following COVID screening questions:
- Have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for longer than 15 minutes) with someone who has a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days?
- Do you currently have any of the following symptoms that appear to be abnormal to you?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Capacity limits will continue to be enforced as follows:
- Fitness Area – 25
- Game Room (converted to additional cardio space) – 9
- Racquetball Courts – 4 each
- Four Court Area – 6 per hoop
- Walking track – 25
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available throughout the facility. Members are asked to wipe down equipment both before and after use.
- All RSC members and guests will be expected to continue following physical distancing practices – maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart.
- Equipment will continue to be physically distanced both in the fitness area and in the game room.
- There will be no “working in” on equipment and circuits are discouraged. Members must finish sets and wipe off equipment.
- Most of our shared, hand-held, and smaller equipment will continue to be located behind the RSC welcome desk to be checked out for use. This will allow us to disinfect thoroughly between users.
Ongoing plans for social distancing and sanitizing
The director of the Fitness Center will continue to work with Northwestern's Pandemic Response Team and the President's Cabinet to apply updated guidance from state and local leaders.
The DeWitt Physical Fitness Center at Northwestern College provides more than 50,000 square feet of facilities and equipment to help you achieve your fitness and recreational goals. Community members in and around Orange City may purchase annual or monthly memberships, as well as day passes. Northwestern students, faculty and staff may use the Fitness Center free of charge.
The DeWitt Physical Fitness Center is accessible from both the Rowenhorst Student Center and the Bultman Center.
DeWitt Physical Fitness Center
208 8th Street SW, Orange City, IA 51041