We want you to be a Raider. So we'll do everything we can to make it possible for you to choose Northwestern College.
Raider scholarships & awards
Our investment in you starts with an award based on your high school GPA (or college if you’re transferring to Northwestern).
|Presidential Scholarship||3.8 to 3.99||$14,000|
|Collegiate Scholarship||3.65 to 3.79||$13,500|
|Collegiate Scholarship||3.5 to 3.64||$13,000|
|Academic Achievement Award||3.25 to 3.49||$12,000|
|Academic Achievement Award||3.0 to 3.24||$11,000|
|Raider Award||2.3 to 2.99||$9,000|
GPAs will be rounded to the nearest hundredth. The scholarships and awards above are renewable through graduation if you maintain the required GPA. Peale and Presidential Scholarships require a 2.75 after your first year and a 3.0 thereafter. Collegiate Scholarships require a 2.75 GPA. Academic Achievement Awards require a 2.5 GPA. Raider Awards require a 2.25 GPA.
Send us your test scores
Send us your test scores. Outstanding scholars may be eligible for additional academic scholarships, including an Honors Program Scholarship (eligible candidates should have a GPA of ≥ 3.9 + an ACT/SAT equivalent of ≥ 29).
Athletic and esport scholarships
Scholarships are available for eligible student-athletes in sports and esports. Start by letting us know if you’re interested in playing for the Raiders so our coaches can contact you.
Performing arts scholarships
Scholarships are available for students who want to participate in music, theatre or worship arts.
Stand Out scholarships
Scholarships are available for eligible students with the potential to enrich our campus community through their academic, leadership or mission gifts. When you apply, tell us what you're involved in and why you want to be part of our Christian academic community, and it may lead to a scholarship that helps you stand out as a Raider!
More scholarship opportunities
While the majority of Northwestern College scholarships are awarded by matching students with the scholarships for which they best meet the criteria, a few require separate applications. Applicants for the following scholarships must be incoming full-time freshmen.
- Strong evidence of Christian faith and character in school, church and/or community
- Top 5% of high school class or with a minimum GPA of 3.8
- Minimum ACT composite score of 28 (or comparable SAT score)
- Intent to enter one of the following health science professions after graduating from Northwestern: physician (M.D. or D.O.), physician’s assistant, optometry, dentistry, podiatric medicine, or physical therapy
- Preference given to applicants who are pre-medicine students
Students with outstanding leadership abilities and a desire to grow in those abilities at Northwestern may apply for James L. Franken Servant-Leadership Scholarships. To be eligible, students must meet at least one of these two criteria:
High school GPA ≥ 3.0 and ACT score (or SAT equivalent) of ≥ 21
Graduation from a CAPS Network program
The application deadline is Dec. 18. Applicants should mail the following to Kendall Stanislav, director of experiential education at Northwestern College:
- Application (download and complete)
- Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
- One-page essay reflecting on one of the core values of Jim Franken and the Interstates Companies for which he worked: servant-leadership, dependability, integrity, trust, quality or family.
If you are chosen to receive a Franken Servant Leadership Scholarship, you will be enrolled in the 4-credit Transformational Leadership course. (Transformational Leadership fulfills one of the college's NWCore requirements.)
- A $1,500 annual scholarship is available to a Vogel Paint or Iowa State Bank employee or dependent
- Financial need is considered but not a requirement for this scholarship
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to achieve their academic goals and exhibit evidence of a sincere Christian faith and character
- Selection will be made by the financial aid office (students receiving the scholarship must re-apply each year with other applicants)
Send a brief letter or email addressing the above qualifications by Jan. 13 to the Northwestern College Director of Financial Aid, 101 7th Street SW, Orange City, IA, 51041.
Scholarships of $2,500 are available to students from historically underrepresented populations who are accepted into Northwestern's Bridge Scholars program. To be eligible for the Bridge Scholars program, you must:
- Be a member of a historically underrepresented population living in the U.S.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.5
- Demonstrate academic and leadership potential as well as the desire and commitment to develop further as a learner and leader while in college.
The $2,500 scholarship is awarded annually to Bridge Scholars who maintain a college GPA of at least 2.5 and meet program participation requirements.
Apply by March 31
Veterans or students active in the armed forces are eligible for Northwestern's De Beer Legacy Veteran's Scholarship, which ranges from $2,500 to $10,000 per year. Contact the registrar's office to learn more about your GI Bill benefits at Northwestern.
- Austin Nyhof
- Associate Registrar
Additional scholarship opportunities may be available through your high school, church, or local businesses or service clubs. Or these websites may be helpful:
- Iowa College Student Aid Commission
- Iowa College Student Aid Commission (Resources for Latino Students)
- Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarships (for incoming freshmen)
- Tuition Funding Sources
- Free scholarship searches
The Iowa Association for the Education of Young Children offers scholarships for those interested in teaching: