Online new student steps
When you have received your acceptance to one of our online programs, follow these steps.
MyNWC is a secure website containing information on your courses and account. From within MyNWC, you will be able to access your online courses, access your Northwestern email, register for courses, accept your financial aid package, review your grades, view any unpaid balance for tuition and fees, and find important forms and links. When you first log into MyNWC, use the username and password (student ID) sent to you in your acceptance letter. The link to MyNWC is located in the Current Students menu above.
Log into MyNWC with the username and password (student ID) provided in your acceptance letter. Click the "Reset Password" link. Your new password must contain 8-16 characters and contain 3 of the following requirements: lowercase, uppercase, number, symbol.
Log into MyNWC . In the Links menu on the right, find the link for Campus E-mail. All communication from Northwestern College and from your professors will be sent to your Northwestern email account, and not your personal email. You should check your Northwestern email account several times each week to avoid missing important communication.
Follow the program of study outlined by your adviser. If you do not have a program of study or need a new one, contact your adviser.
Log into MyNWC
- Go to the MyChecklist tab and sign the registration agreement.
- Click on Academics at the top of the page.
- Under the Academics sidebar on the left side of the page, click on Registration.
- Go under course schedules and be sure to select the correct upcoming term.
- Under Course and Student Program select: Graduate Program or Undergraduate Program.
- Now click on “Complete the Registration Agreement form.”
- Make sure the appropriate term and Course Program: Graduate or Undergraduate are still selected.
- Under the “Add by Course Code” tab, use the course code to Add Course(s) in order to complete the registration. You may find your class(es) by searching for the course name or number.
- Your registered class(es) will be viewable under All My Courses for the appropriate semester.
Remember to register for both your first and second 8-week courses
Log into MyNWC and choose the My Checklist tab. Select the link for the Financial Aid Request Form and provide the required information. Our financial aid office will use the information from this form and your FAFSA to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
Log into MyNWC and choose the Billing Information tab. You must pay your bill or make arrangements for payment before the first day of the term.
When you receive email notification that your aid package has been developed, you must accept or decline the package. Log into MyNWC, click on My Checklist, and accept or decline your financial aid package.
You can either pay each semester’s tuition in full prior to the start of classes or sign up for our convenient monthly payment plan that spreads your payments over 10 months for the entire academic year or over 5 months for one semester. Enrollment in the monthly payment plan costs $25 per semester, and no interest is charged unless a payment is late.
If payment is not made on the date it's due, the entire balance becomes due and interest of 1% per month (12% per year) will be charged to the student's account. Students who fail to make payment may be denied access to classes (face-to-face and online), Blackboard, computer usage, and campus facilities. Diplomas, transcripts and credentials will be withheld until all accounts are settled.
If you would like to set up a tuition payment plan, the application is available through MyNWC.