Giving to NWC

Gifts of securities

When you give Northwestern College appreciated stock that you have owned for more than one year, you receive a tax deduction for the full value of the gift and avoid paying capital gains tax. NWC is grateful for the growing numbers of donors who choose to make their gifts with appreciated securities. Your financial adviser can arrange for a year-end gift of stock from your account.

Northwestern has brokerage accounts that are used to accept donations of securities to the college. If you have questions or wish to transfer securities to the college, you or your broker can contact Jay Wielenga, vice president of advancement. You will need the DTC number, account number and taxpayer ID number to complete the transaction. Please also let us know the stock name, number of shares being transferred, the purpose of your gift and the name of the donor.

  • Contact
  • Jay Wielenga
    Vice President of Advancement