Facilities and equipment
The DeWitt Physical Fitness Center at Northwestern College provides more than 50,000 square feet of facilities and equipment to help you achieve your fitness and recreational goals:
- 16 Matrix weight stations with adjustable weights
- Free weights and other fitness gear
- 6 treadmills
- 3 elliptical machines and 3 ascent trainers
- 2 upright and 2 recumbent stationary bicycles
- 2 stair climbers
- 160-meter, 4-lane track open to runners and walkers
- 4-court area equipped for basketball, volleyball, tennis and badminton
- 3 racquetball courts that can also be used for wallyball
- Game room with ping pong, foosball and pool
- Locker rooms
- Onsite parking
Included in your membership is use of the Bomgaars Family Field in the Juffer Athletic Fieldhouse, a 40-by-40-yard multipurpose indoor field with artificial turf.
Golf Practice Room
The Van Der Weide Golf Practice Room is not part of a DeWitt Physical Fitness Center membership, but Fitness Center members get a discount on the cost of using the room.
The DeWitt Fitness Center houses men’s and women’s locker rooms with shower facilities, available to members at no charge. Fitness Center members have the option to rent and be assigned lockers and combination locks on a contract basis.
- $15 per semester or summer
- $30 per year
A number of rental lockers in the locker rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may rent a locker at the Fitness Center Welcome Desk. Locker rentals expire at the end of each semester and summer. Lockers must be cleared at these times so the locker rooms may be properly cleaned.
There are lockers in the locker rooms available for day use, but you must bring your own lock and contents may not be stored overnight.