Raider Nation Orientation
Jan. 10-11, 2021
We’re eager to greet you as you arrive on campus for Northwestern’s spring Raider Nation Orientation for new students. Our orientation staff (O-Staff) are upperclassmen who love Northwestern’s unique community and can’t wait for you to experience it yourself as you prepare for the intellectual, spiritual, emotional and social growth that will happen during your years at NWC. The O-Staff will help make your transition to Northwestern easier through a two-day orientation that includes opportunities to:
- Meet other new students (transfers and first-time freshmen)
- Get settled in your dorm room
- Meet with your faculty adviser
- Learn about Northwestern’s programs, resources and services
- Worship with your new classmates and their families
Northwestern has new measures in place to safeguard the health of new students and our community during move-in and orientation:
- Masks are required to be worn inside all campus buildings.
- Starting on Monday, Jan. 4, you will need to download the Raider Check app and complete it daily. The app takes about 15 seconds to complete and can be found on the Apple App Store and on Google Play.
- You’re encouraged to get a Covid test the week of Jan. 4 to ensure you are healthy before arriving on campus. Please take a screen shot of your results and upload those results to the Raider Check app.
- For more information on our Covid-19 safety measures, see Northwestern’s coronavirus FAQ webpage.
You're welcome to arrive early on Sunday, Jan. 10, and enjoy a complimentary brunch in the cafeteria with your parents starting at 11:30 a.m. After brunch—or any time between noon and 2:15 p.m.—visit the student life office on the second floor of the Ramaker Center to check in and get your orientation packet, student ID card, housing information and room key.
After you check in, plan on moving into your room Sunday afternoon. You'll have from noon to 2:30 p.m. to unload and start unpacking. Here's some helpful information to make that process easier:
Because of Covid-19, make sure you pack the following items:
- Several reusable cloth masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Fever reducer (Tylenol, ibuprofen)
- Over-the-counter cold/flu medication
- Adequate supply of prescription medications and hygiene items
- Gatorade or electrolyte replacement packets
- Disinfectant wipes/spray to clean your dorm room
- Medical insurance card