NWC Impact Competition - round two: semi-final presentation
Students are pitching ideas for ways to make a difference in the community and on campus, competing for cash prizes totaling $4,500 in three tracks: NWC, for-profit, and non-profit. This round is held in-person and evaluated by an independent panel of judges, based on your live 3-minute presentation. Participants must present during their assigned time block on Monday, Dec. 5. Round Two will be held from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM in the Vogel Room. Guests are welcome to attend and participate in the crowd favorite voting as well.
Guidelines for Round Two:
- Review judging sheet on following pages
- Prototypes, media, posters and brochures may be displayed during this round but must not be larger than 3’ by 5’ area
- Video/slide show may not exceed two minutes in length as you only have 3 minutes total to use for this round. If you use video/slide show, you may bring file on flash drive or email a copy to email@example.com.
- Judges may interact and ask you questions after your presentation
- During Round Two – Guests will be in the audience for crowd voting.
- The crowd favorite in each track will win $20 in prize money.
- Judges will be scoring separately for deciding who moves onto Round Three
- Those moving onto Round Three will be announced in the Vogel Room and also e-mailed at approximately 11:20 AM in order to quickly prepare for Round Three
- 5 entries in the for-profit track
- 5 entries in the non-profit (social impact) track
- 5 entries in the NWC ideas track
- Judges will change between Round Two and Round Three, so use the feedback from Round Two and adjust for a 5 minute presentation in Round Three