First Annual Red Raider Marching Band Preview Show
The Northwestern College athletic department and the Red Raider Athletic Band will host the first annual Red Raider Marching Clinic and Preview Show on Saturday, Sept. 11, at Korver Field in De Valois Stadium. Five high school bands from South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa will spend the day taking part in marching performance seminars and clinics taught by some of the top experts in marching arts.
The bands will present their 2021 competition field shows for the public on Saturday evening beginning at 7. The public is invited to attend. Admission will be $8 for adults and $5 for students (kindergarten through college). Passes will not be accepted. Concessions will be available.
- 7:00 p.m. – Special massed band performance of the National Anthem by over 500 high school band members in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of 9/11
- 7:05 p.m. – Columbus (NE) High School Discoverer Marching Band
- 7:30 p.m. – Brookings (SD) Bobcat Marching Band
- 8:00 p.m. – Sioux Falls (SD) Lincoln Patriot Marching Band
- 8:30 p.m. – Sioux Center (IA) Warrior Marching Band
- 9:00 p.m. – West Lyon (IA) Wildcat Marching Band
Band seminar schedule (on Korver Field and open to the public)
- 11:00 a.m. – Columbus
- 1:00 p.m. – Brookings
- 2:00 p.m. – Lincoln
- 3:00 p.m. – Sioux Center
- 4:00 p.m. – West Lyon