Leadership in Education Conference
Tuesday, October 19 | 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Northwestern College campus
Cost: $90 | Group rate: $75 (6 or more)
Credit available: 1 License Renewal credit $35 | 1 Graduate credit $150
Effective education leaders are collaborative in their approach to leading and teaching. After a season that may have left your team members feeling distant (physically, socially and emotionally), worn down, or simply overwhelmed — it's time to rejuvenate!
The Leadership in Education Conference is one day, packed with actionable concepts for teaching and leading collaboratively. Whether you're an administrator, teacher leader, classroom or support teacher, you're a key part of the leadership team. Take away fresh insight, practical strategies, and meaningful inspiration.
When you invest in your leadership skills, you maximize your impact, bring out the best in others and transform education.
Have you missed networking and connecting in person? So have we! We've also learned to be flexible. This event is planned to be in-person, but if necessary, it will be switched to a virtual format.
Register by October 15th.
Please contact email@example.com or 712-707-7388 with any questions about registration.
Group discount and steps to register
Bring your team of 6 or more for the discounted group rate of $75 for each attendee.
- Register for a group planning to attend. Pay by credit card or choose the option to bill your school district.
- Download the group Google sheet as a Microsoft Excel file to complete with information for all participants of your group.
- Email the completed Excel list to firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days of registration.
Human Connection Matters. Students crave it, and great schools thrive because of it.
International Speaker and Author, Joe Beckman’s mission has been to RECLAIM HUMAN CONNECTION in school communities throughout the world.
As co-founder of Till-360 (formerly Happy Caveman), Joe Beckman’s mission has been to RECLAIM HUMAN CONNECTION in school communities throughout the world.
Joe has shared his infectious energy, humor, and passion in over 1000 schools, positively impacting over 1 million people worldwide through:
- Assembly for students
- PD for Staff
- SEL video curriculum, The Human Connection Hub
- His new book, Just Look Up - 5 life-saving phrases every human NEEDS to hear.
Joe resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with his 3 children and exceptionally beautiful/patient/strong/kind-hearted wife, Jess.
Dr. Dana Schon
Leave Balance Behind and Find Your Fit
Dr. Dana Schon serves as the professional learning director for School Administrators of Iowa. She coordinates, plans, and delivers learning opportunities to support Iowa’s principals, superintendents, and central office leaders in having impactful leadership. Through this role, she has studied, developed, and promoted the concept of a quality leadership-life fit.
Dana has a doctoral degree in educational leadership from Drake University and two master's degrees (Wayne State College and Drake University). She is a certified steward of the Intentional Energetic Presence methodology, an approach to showing up as our best selves created by Anese Cavanaugh. A perpetual student and life-long learner, she continues to participate in trainings and classes.
These sessions are geared most toward leaders who are in charge of developing systems within education. Attendees can choose which sessions to attend from either track.
- Dysfunctional PLCs: avoiding the mistakes that kill teacher collaboration
- Leading with equity in mind
- Educational leadership simulation: inclusive school community
- Mastering difficult conversations
- Maximizing your SEL curriculums at all Tier Levels.
- Building capacity among Teacher Leaders
These sessions are geared toward current and aspiring teacher leaders. Attendees can choose which sessions to attend from either track.
- Workflow widgets & wizardry: productivity tips & tools for leaders
- Systemic approach to data-based decisions – learn about what MTSS is and is not.
- Supporting beginning teachers
- Trust me! How to plant the seeds of trust, transparency, and respect in your professional learning community or team
- Planning for impact: strategies for meaningful meetings and professional learning
The Leadership in Education Conference is offered by Northwestern College Graduate School & Adult Learning in partnership with Northwest AEA.