|We are discontinuing campus visits temporarily in light of recommendations from Iowa's governor and the CDC regarding social distancing. Please contact the admissions office if you have any questions.|
We’d love to meet you! Tell us when you want to come and who you want to see, and we’ll arrange your tailor-made day at Northwestern. Just let us know three business days in advance so we can get things set up for you.
- Meet with professors, coaches, music or theatre directors, and/or a career adviser
- Attend classes, chapel or a fine arts performance
- Meet with admissions and financial aid counselors
- Have lunch on us for you and your family
- Take a campus tour
- Audition for a music or theatre scholarship
- Stay overnight in our residence halls (students only)
Visit us on select Saturday mornings to tour campus, meet with admissions counselors and—if it can be arranged—meet with professors or coaches.
- Sept. 7, 2019
- Oct. 26, 2019
- Nov. 9, 2019
- Jan. 25, 2020
- Feb. 22, 2020
- April 18, 2020
Spending time on campus when classes aren't in session isn't an ideal time to visit Northwestern, but if that works best with your schedule, you're welcome to do so. We'll give you a tour of campus and you can meet with an admissions counselor. Other faculty, staff and coach appointments may be possible, though they are not always available on these dates.
Visit us Monday through Friday to tour campus, talk with your admissions counselor and—if it can be arranged—meet with a professor or coach.
Visit Northwestern College, and we'll reimburse up to $300 of your airfare costs for a flight into Sioux Falls, S.D., or Sioux City, Iowa, and up to $225 for flights into Omaha, Neb., payable when you're accepted for admission. The reimbursement must be requested within one month of your visit and is subject to the following restrictions:
- Reimbursement is for airfare only and does not include baggage fees.
- You must stay overnight on campus in order to be eligible for the airfare reimbursement. If your trip includes visits to other colleges, Northwestern will reimburse you for a portion of your ticket cost, up to $150 (or $113 for Omaha).
- Only high school juniors, seniors and transfer students are eligible for the one-time flight reimbursement. Additional visits will be made at the student's own expense.
- Tickets for traveling companions are not eligible for reimbursement.
Northwestern will provide transportation to and from airports in Sioux City, Iowa (45 minutes from Orange City) and Sioux Falls, S.D. (1.5 hours from Orange City). Visitors flying into other airports should arrange their own transportation to campus. (If your trip includes a visit to another college, we'll provide transportation at least to or from the airport, but not necessarily both.)
For airport transportation, visitors should select flights that do not depart earlier than 8 a.m. or arrive after 10 p.m.