Director of Athletics
Northwestern College is seeking a director of athletics to begin Aug. 1, 2023. This is a full-time, 12-month position that reports directly to the president. We seek a bold and dynamic leader who inspires coaches, staff and student-athletes to continue and expand on our athletic department mission of honoring Christ through excellence in athletics. The director will help us continue the great tradition Northwestern College has of being a leader within the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC) and NAIA nationally. The director is the chief administrative officer of the department and provides leadership, direction and operational management for all aspects of the college’s athletic programs for women and men. Additionally, the director will build on the strong culture the department enjoys and promote the mission of Northwestern College internally and externally. The director will lead the Raider Athletics Association Board and continue to grow members and support of the Raider Athletics Association in concert with Northwestern’s advancement staff.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Evidence of an authentic Christian faith
- Master’s degree (preferably in athletic administration or related field)
- Leadership experience in athletic administration and/or athletic advancement
- Capacity to form and articulate vision and strategic direction for Red Raider athletics consistent with the college’s mission
- Strength in building & fostering relationships with athletic alumni and other stakeholders of Raider athletics
- Expertise securing resources necessary to achieve the vision and strategic initiatives of the department
- Ability to lead, mentor, support and provide oversight for athletic coaches and staff
- Experience working with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity in the recruitment and retention of coaches, staff and student-athletes
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with campus leaders, faculty, residence life, maintenance and other departments
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with the campus community, the communities of Orange City and Sioux County, and local high school partners
- Experience providing development & oversight for the athletic budget, assisting in the allocation of funds & spending on items such as salaries, team travel, equipment and facility upkeep while remaining within budget
- Personal qualities associated with successful senior leaders, including integrity, excellent oral and written communication skills, sound judgment, initiative and positive attitude
The successful candidate will have an authentic Christian faith and support the college’s mission and identity as expressed in our Vision for Learning, Vision for Diversity and Statement of Christian Identity. Northwestern identifies as Reformed in commitment, evangelical in engagement and ecumenical in spirit. We view these Christian theological perspectives as complementary and draw from the strengths of each perspective in fulfilling our mission.
Northwestern College seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
Applications will be received until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin June 12. Apply online below and send letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.