Program Director, M.A. in Counseling programs
Northwestern College seeks a visionary and experienced counselor educator to serve as its program director for the online M.A. in school counseling and M.A. in clinical health counseling graduate programs. This full-time, 12-month administrative faculty role will include collaborating with college stakeholders, renewing curriculum, leading accreditation and admission efforts, and teaching within the program. Northwestern’s counseling programs prepare future counselors to serve others, anchored in the belief that all humans hold inherent value and dignity because they are created in the image of God.
Location: Remote considered, on-campus preferred.
- Earned doctorate in counseling education from a CACREP-accredited program
- Licensed or eligible to achieve licensure in school counseling or clinical mental health counseling in Iowa
- Successful teaching experience in a graduate-level counseling education program
- Successful clinical experience as a licensed professional counselor
- Experience as a school counselor or clinical mental health counselor
- Experience leading or participating in CACREP accreditation efforts
- Demonstrated effective leadership experience in clinical practice or higher education
- Experience teaching in a hybrid or online environment
- Evidence of proven multidisciplinary collaboration across departments or agencies
- Entrepreneurial, strategic and visionary thinker
The candidate will exhibit a love of Christ and an embrace of the Gospel, and support the college’s mission as expressed in our Statement of Christian Identity, Vision for Learning and Vision for Diversity. Northwestern identifies as Reformed in commitment, evangelical in engagement and ecumenical in spirit. We view these Christian theological perspectives as complementary and draw from the strengths of each perspective in fulfilling our mission. We seek faculty invested in teaching, a program of scholarly activity, and the mission of excellence in the liberal arts, as a vital expression of commitment to Christ’s redemptive work in the world. Accordingly, Northwestern College seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
Apply online below and send a letter of interest in which you (1) describe your teaching experience and (2) scholarly trajectory, and (3) discuss how the following statements would inform and shape your teaching, scholarship and administration: our Statement of Christian Identity, Vision for Learning and Vision for Diversity. Include a current curriculum vitae/resume and send to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.