Assistant Athletic Trainer
Northwestern College invites applications for an assistant athletic trainer (full-time, 10-month position). A member of the GPAC and the NAIA, Northwestern College sponsors varsity and junior varsity sports consisting of 540+ student-athletes. The successful candidate will be a highly effective communicator able to listen and deliver detailed, accurate information to student-athletes, coaches, parents, medical personnel and athletic training colleagues. The assistant athletic trainer will provide insight to the prevention, care, and overall health and wellness of student-athletes.
Red Raider athletics identifies with the following core values that are consistent with the NAIA Champions of Character and the distinctively Christian mission of Northwestern College: Faith in God – Integrity – Respect – Responsibility – Sportsmanship – Servant Leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree related to athletic training with BOC certification required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Iowa licensure (ATC) required (fee paid by NWC).
- Strong commitment to the distinctively Christian mission of NWC.
- Organized, timely and detailed approach to patient care and medical documentation.
- Ability to articulate and implement best practices for preventing, assessing, treating and rehabilitating athletic injuries.
- Ability to appropriately determine level of injury and return to play for athletes and/or whether athlete should be referred to a medical or orthopedic doctor.
The successful candidate will have an authentic Christian faith and support the college’s mission and identity as expressed in our Vision for Learning, Vision for Diversity and Statement of Christian Identity. Northwestern identifies as Reformed in commitment, evangelical in engagement and ecumenical in spirit. We view these Christian theological perspectives as complementary and draw from the strengths of each perspective in fulfilling our mission.
Northwestern College seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled, with a start date of June 1. Apply online below and send letter of application and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.