Administrative Assistant (Graduate School & Adult Learning)
The Northwestern College Graduate School & Adult Learning division seeks an administrative assistant to support its work with graduate and adult degree completion programs and continuing education events. This position is integral to support a dynamic, fast-paced team in a rapidly growing area of the college.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communicating face-to-face, on the phone and through email.
- Initiative by actively and independently seeking out ways to support the team, improve systems, solve problems, improve efficiency, and provide the best possible outcomes to students, participants, faculty and staff served by the department.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and demands occurring at once.
- Organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
The successful candidate will have:
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fluent use of software, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Superior use of correct grammar, spelling and writing mechanics.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience working in higher education or a customer service field.
The successful candidate will have an authentic Christian faith and support the college’s mission and identity as expressed in our Vision for Learning, Vision for Diversity and Statement of Christian Identity. Northwestern identifies as Reformed in commitment, evangelical in engagement and ecumenical in spirit. We view these Christian theological perspectives as complementary and draw from the strengths of each perspective in fulfilling our mission.
Northwestern seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Apply online below and send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.