Northwestern College seeks a full-time enrollment counselor to assist prospective graduate students interested in the master's degree in physician assistant studies and the master's degree in athletic training programs. Responsibilities include identifying and developing relationships with prospective students, and assisting those students through the application and enrollment process. Additionally, the counselor will serve as a contact point and advocate for existing students as they complete their program of study. He/she will act as a liaison between the student and offices on campus, and collaborate with others to support positive student outcomes. The successful candidate is committed to providing superior guidance and customer service to prospective and progressing students. This position reports to the dean of the Graduate School & Adult Learning.
- Provide systematic, consistent and effective communication with potential students via phone, email and/or in person.
- Manage the flow of information to inquiries and applicants. Maintain electronic files outlining the contacts that have been made and the information that has been provided to prospective students. Ensure students receive timely information from program directors and offices on campus.
- Assist prospective students as they complete the application and compile required documentation for admission.
- Serve as a liaison to the Central Application Service, to include accessing and managing data pertaining to our applicant pool.
- Detail financial obligations and facilitate the application process for financial aid.
- Meet with prospective students, both on and off campus, when appropriate. Represent Northwestern at a limited number of transfer and career fairs. Deliver presentations and host information events for prospective students at community colleges and places of employment. Travel for this position is not significant.
- In collaboration with the dean and program directors, develop enrollment strategies to guide recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Support current students in adult programs with registration, annual financial aid application, identification of academic support, completion of college forms and accessing college resources.
- In collaboration with the dean and program directors, initiate new programs to support student retention in adult programs.
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- Experience in admissions or student services, or comparable experience in counseling, communications, sales or related area
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service to potential and current students
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-motivated, with discipline to initiate and achieve goals
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work flexible hours
- Bachelor's degree in student services, communications, sales, marketing or related area
The successful candidate will have an authentic Christian faith and support the college's mission and identity as expressed in our Vision for Learning, Vision for Diversity and Statement of Christian Identity.
Northwestern College is affiliated with the Reformed Church in America and seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit letter of application, resume and Northwestern College application form. (Apply online below.)
To apply for this position, use the button below to start or resume your application.